
When I was a tiny tike, well even before I was born I had this one cousin that would always be my protector, my punching bag, my advice giver, my support, and my strength. His name is Vincent and he is just a couple months older than me, so when I call him my punching bag I am referring to those few months when I was in the womb and my mom would hold him in her arms and I would kick the crap out of him. It was like I already knew that he would be my favorite and I was already telling him that I was going to be the boss. :)
Well maybe I'm not actually the boss, but I'm sure he isn't either. What I do know is that he has been one of the most important people in my life for as long as I can remember. Well, for as long as he can remember because he has a stellar memory and mine is less than average. He is constantly reminding me of things we used to do together or things I used to say. Vincent has always been there to support my dreams even if they mean taking me further away from him (Just after he graduated high school he moved to Albuquerque, we had so many plans of how we would spend so much time together and then I moved to Wyoming for school. He never stopped pushing me to live my dreams even when they didn't work out in his favor).
In 23 years this friendship has only grown stronger. We now live 800 miles apart and see each other just a few times a year, but he is always there to run to when I need advice or when I want to celebrate something.
We have been making plans for our Cousin Trip to Denver at the end of the month. This will be the first time that we take a vacation together just the two of us. We are making so many sweet plans, and just getting to hang out with each other and be on a "grown up" vacation is super exciting. I love this guy so much and really cannot wait to see him in just a few short weeks!
Thank you Vincent for always being right by my side. I don't know where I would be without you in my life!
Awh I love you! You are amazing cousin! I can't wait till Denver. . We are going to have a blast! I can't wait to see you.. grown ups! Lol .. well almost. . Im sure we will do childish things lol
ReplyDelete