Thursday, December 19, 2013

That Christmas Cheer

A lot of people would classify me as some sort of Grinch when it comes to Christmas time. I find this a little funny, because Christmas is my all time favorite holiday! I'm just not the biggest fan of Christmas as we as a culture see it.

I will be honest in saying that I hate Christmas Music!! I blame this on my years of working in retail and the restaurant business. When a person spends several months before Christmas listening to the same set of songs on repeat it is a little hard to keep that Christmas spirit. To this day when Christmas music comes on my radio I change the station as quickly as possible.

If you were to walk into my house or even see it from the outside you would notice that there are no Christmas decorations. I don't have lights all over and I definitely have no tree up. Mostly because I think it is pointless to set up decorations for only me to see. Really, the only Christmas decorations that I have are two Christmas Mugs that I drink my cocoa in year round that I received as gifts.

By every way you look I seem like the biggest Christmas Scrooge ever! I am here to say that I am in fact, NOT anti Christmas!

Yes, Christmas music drives me crazy and my house isn't decorated, but I LOVE CHRISTMAS! See, Christmas is where it all began. When I stop and think of Christmas time I don't like to think of a big jolly man in a red suit, a tree that only I will see, or even music that drives me nuts. I like to think about the fact that in a little manger the savior of the world was born. That a woman was blessed beyond measure to be the mommy of the most important person in this world. So yes, my office isn't blaring Christmas music and no my house isn't decorated, but I am so excited for Christmas this year (and every year)!!

I hope that all of you have a very blessed Christmas and are able to reflect a little bit on what this Holiday is all about. I know for me ,it will be a very special one. Not only will I get to think about what this faith has meant in my life, but I will also get to celebrate the very first Christmas with my baby nephew.

No comments:

Post a Comment