Wednesday, May 28, 2014

It Just Takes Time

I have officially lost 30 pounds. And it feels like it has taken me FOREVER to get to this point. Sometimes I get really frustrated with my weight loss, sometimes I give up, and sometimes I feel like I'm making zero progress. Although I don't really have a "goal weight" I do have goals. When I reach my final goal for my fitness I will be able to do things I've never done and the cool thing is that in the process I am getting better at doing things I've never done. A healthy bmi for my height is around 160 lbs, but I don't really have that as my goal. Instead, my goal is to be healthy! I want to be able to run our 5k fundraiser with the youth I work with, I want to be able to go hiking with friends and not be the one they are waiting on, and I don't want my weight to stop me from doing anything. I want to be healthy! In order to be healthy I have to drop more than 100 pounds and man does that sometimes feel like an impossible task. 

Sometimes I get super frustrated that it is taking so long to reach my goal, then I remember that it took me about 8 years to put on so much weight. Honestly, the last time I remember feeling happy in my own skin was on my 16th birthday (and I'm about to turn 24). It took 8 years to become unhappy enough to do something about it. Often times I forget how long it took to put the weight on because it was easy, all I had to do was eat whatever I wanted and do nothing. It has been 5 months since I seriously started focusing on changing my life, but for me this is hard. I have to focus on fueling my body with good food and I need to spend time in the gym or working out at home. It's a decision I have to make everyday, a decision to change my life. It is a choice that I make because of each and every one of you! For years I have made excuses and for years I have not been the person I was created to be, so now it is time to become that person. In all honesty though, I can't do it without your continued support  because I am human and sometimes I need a friend to remind me what my goals are. Thank you for being that friend and I hope you would share your goals with me so that I can be that friend for you! 

Here's to changing our lives and being who we were created to be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment