When I decided to come to New Mexico for my vacation it was completely based on the fact that a few of my cousins from New Jersey were also planning a vacation to New Mexico at that time. I really wanted to do whatever it took to make it out at the same time as them because it had been 20 years since we last saw each other and two of the cousins who were coming I had never even met before.
Although we had been physically apart for 20 years I still felt like I knew them. Part of that had to do with the fact that we found each other through social media several years ago so we have been able to see what is happening in each others lives, but the other part is because we are family. I know I know that sounds kinda weird, but I think even if I knew nothing about them for the last 20 years I would be ecstatic to see them.
While in New Mexico we spent the entire week with family. It didn't matter if we were out doing the touristy stuff that Albuquerque has to offer or if we were just sitting around playing a board game, we were having a blast being together.
One afternoon we were getting ready to hit the road to head up to the Sandia Mountains for a ride on the tram and some hiking, while we were there we were talking about how crazy it was that we could all just "click" the way we did. One of my cousins mentioned that it didn't matter that we had been apart for so long, our friendship was in our veins. That statement couldn't have been more true. That week I spent time with family that I hadn't seen in 20 years and I spent time with family that I see every time I am back in New Mexico, it didn't matter how long or how recently I had seen them we were family and that bond is unbreakable.
I am extremely blessed that I have wonderful family. Family who is there to support me in the big moments in life, but who are right by my side in the little things as well. I always wondered why exactly our family could be so close, and then I realized it's because it's in our veins!



No comments:
Post a Comment