MY BEST FRIEND IS GETTING MARRIED! In 3 days she will stand in front of her friends and family and marry the man of her dreams! On Sunday we began wedding festivities with Sarah's bridal shower, on Monday we "packed" her old room at her parents house to take her things to her new house. I say "packed" because we spent about an hour or so packing and then decided we wanted to go do make-up trials, go to dinner, and go shopping. Tuesday was the day everything went "CRAY CRAY" as Sarah often says! Lauren and Sarah spent the afternoon actually packing when I met up with them we went to drop off the car at my moms work and went on to visit Sarah's "groomy" at his work. We then went to my church to say goodbye to a friend of mine who is moving away. We sat in the car just before going in and we got a text that caused sheer panic in the three of us.
One of the bridesmaids contacted us saying she called the place where we all got our dresses and they didn't have anything on file for her. WHAT?!?!?! Sarah is getting married on Saturday, there was NO way that the store could order her one in time. So the three of us jump into action. I was on the phone with Alfred Angelo trying to see what they had in stock that we could buy off of the rack, Laruen was on the phone with David's Bridal seeing if there was some chance the order went through at the wrong store, and Sarah was trying not to hyperventilate in the passenger seat. We had about two hours until stores closed so after saying goodbye to my friend and talking with a few other people we hit the road for the mall on a mission to find a formal black dress that looked similar to ours. Before we stopped at the mall we stopped at Men's Wearhouse to pick up the grooms tux then we were off to the mall.
First stop, JC Penny's and everything we found was either too informal or too ugly. Next store.
Second stop, Dillard's and we found one that could sort of work. It was black, long, Britta's size, and formal enough. Even though this dress would work we wanted to find something that matched us a little better. We knew we needed to ditch the mall and try David's Bridal. It would be our best bet at finding a formal dress this time of year. As Lauren is buying the dress we found just in case that was our last resort I am on the phone trying to call David's Bridal to see if they had items we could purchase off of the rack. Lauren and Sarah follow behind me and all of us start running through the mall to the location of our car. In the meantime I am on the phone with David's Bridal explaining our situation "Hi, I think one of the other bridesmaids called you earlier looking for a dress for a wedding on Saturday. We were unable to find a dress for this bridesmaid and were wondering if you all had any long black dresses in her size that you could pull for us to look at?" The lady responds "What kind of dress; strapless, halter, straps??" I told her that pretty much anything would do, but we were on the way and needed these dresses pulled so we could search before they closed at 9.
We arrived at our third stop, David's Bridal ran to the back of the store and sitting there on the rack that was a dress that looked almost the same as the one the rest of us have. We snap a quick picture, send it to B and put it on hold for her to purchase three days before the wedding.
We all walked out of the store, breathed a huge sigh of relief, and went over to Sonic to grab a drink.
If there is anything I learned from this experience it was that sometimes in life you are blessed with a group of friends that will always stand by your side, they are there to help you through all of the challenges of life, and they make sure you are taken care of. I am so lucky that I have several groups of these friends, but I have a very special bond with "my girls". We have been friends since high school and I am certain that we will be friends for many more years. Here's to hoping nothing else will go wrong in the next few days and to knowing that if anything does we will take care of it! I love you Sarah, Britta, Lauren, and Jennifer!


No comments:
Post a Comment